The new academic year is upon us and while we send our kids with colourful backpacks and sharpened pencils we must also remember to enhance their learning abilities. According to Ayurveda, one can enhance their learning abilities through natural means. Ancient Ayurveda speaks of three distinct mental abilities:
• Dhi: The power of acquisition or learning
• Dhriti: The power of retention
• Smriti: The ability to recall
The imbalance of these three affects the coordination and the learning ability of children. The Subdoshas involved in memory are:
• Prana Vata: Governs the brain, sensory perception, and the mind
• Sadhaka Pitta: Governs the emotions and their effect on the functions of the heart
• Tarpaka Kapha: Governs the spinal fluids, sinus cavities, and sensory organs.
One need not get very worried about these facts as a simple change in diet, lifestyle and sleeping habits can get these doshas back in balance.
Most of the Ayurvedic treatments in Kerala revolves around educating the short and long term effects of these fundamental issues. The Ayurvedic resorts in Kerala, Ayurveda training courses in Kerala have also adopted the same. The Yoga Center in Kannur has even adopted the Panchakarma Therapy in Kerala.